- Art@tack Film Academy was started in 2017 by Achor Yusuf as a means to get youths into a purpose-driven career life.
- After Achor Yusuf was attacked and robbed in his home in 2016 by youths in their early 20s, he found the need to help address youth unemployment and waywardness. Training youths in filmmaking is one way he thought to go about it.
- Since 2017, Art@tack Film Academy has trained over 300 youths in different filmmaking skill areas.
- The academy, at different times, trains youth for free or at a ridiculously subsidized rate. At the end of the training, the students produce one or two film projects.
- Some of Art@tack Film Academy graduates have at different times been contracted to work on Art@tack Studios projects. A lot of them have moved on to work on projects far and wide.
- Art@tack Film Academy is open to partnering with NGOs and government agencies interested in youth development and empowerment, and can be reached through the contact page.
Share This Article